Townscape Housing was my first in-house job in Shanghai. Work scope was far beyond digital marketing: it included on-boarding of new customers, follow-up with clients regarding consultants' performance, sales training, etc.
With regards to customer acquistion, everything was going through an archaic website running on an obscure Chinese CMS (dede CMS). However limited the platform and diverse the tasks, the work with Townscape Housing taught me a lot:
- current design trends are insignificant
- small budgets can go a long way with enough dedication
- link building is over valued in certain markets
- page loading speed matters a lot
- good email scripts can make a huge difference